You love your husband/partner. But sometimes you wonder ‘Hey. What if I had sex with multiple partners this month, would I get pregnant then?’ You wonder this inside your head but wouldn’t really say it out loud.
If people could actually hear the inner thoughts of an infertile woman, they would be scared. Very scared. And with good reason.
- I wonder if I had sex with multiple partners during ovulation, would I get pregnant then?
- I wish I could just steal that baby (but I won’t).
- I’m jealous of all the pregnant women at my fertility clinic.
- I’m jealous of that pregnant dog.
- There is no way I’m living childless with just my husband for the rest of my life (I love you, honey).
- That is some good-looking cervical mucus this month!
- When I do get pregnant, I’m going to start trying for baby#2 the second I give birth.
- I wish we started trying on our wedding night.
- I wish I started trying at age 13.
- During IVF, I’m going to put all the eggs back and not tell my husband.
- Sometimes hearing other people’s pregnancy success stories makes me want to bang my head against a window.
Be very afraid of the infertile inner dialogue. We may look normal on the outside but we’re slowly going crazy on the inside.