You know you’re infertile when…
- Everyone at the fertility clinic knows your name including the nurses and secretary. It’s like an episode of Cheers, just without the bar and unlimited alcohol.
- You accidentally said the word “ovulate” during a work board meeting.
- You’ve taken a pregnancy test after your trigger shot so you could actually see two lines.
- You’ve rubbed your baby nephew or niece’s head for good luck and whispered in their ear “I want a baby too.”
- You look at the toilet paper at least 10 times per day and you’re not always sure what you’re looking for.
- You’ve had an emotional breakdown at least 4 times this week.
- You’ve said positive affirmations to your uterus before going to bed… “I will get pregnant.” “My body is ready for pregnancy.”
- You know your husband’s exact sperm count and the measurement of your uterine lining.
- You’ve asked Doctor Google “Is having a cold and cough a pregnancy symptom?”
- You’ve held a pregnancy test up to a bathroom light to try to see a second line.
Just remember, we are only temporarily experiencing infertility. We learn from it and then find strength to move forward.