Ahhh your crazy, wild New Years Eve party. The booze. The dancing. The countdown to midnight.
Unfortunately, none of those things happened because your friends and their children left at 7pm.
You invited your friends and their kids over for a wild New Years Eve bash at your house. You sent out an email invitation and received the immediate replies:
- “We’d love to come! But we have to leave by 7:00 because little Petey goes to sleep early. Anyone mind if we start dinner at 4:30?”
- “We’ll be there! We can come after nap time and can only stay for 2 hours until bedtime.”
- “We’re ready to party! But no booze for us. I’m breastfeeding and tired so husband needs to be the designated driver.”
- “Can’t wait! Can you make sure that everything you serve is nut-free?”
- “Sounds great! We’ll probably leave early though because I’m pregnant and can’t stay up until midnight.”
Your guests arrived promptly. Missy bought a nut-free cake and a bag of toys for her kids to play with. Sally-Ann bought a bouncy chair for her baby. Steven “I-use-to-get-drunk-at-every-party” is now sipping on water and burping a baby. There are poopy diapers in your garbage. There is breast milk in your fridge (right next to your fertility medication). Little Tommy lost a ball under your couch and little Harper Seven just knocked over your glass table. Someone is talking about baby Sophie’s constipation problems. My God. She hasn’t pooped since last Sunday!
You bought 8 bottles of wine and only 1 got opened. No one touched the raw sushi because most of your friends are pregnant again. Betsy breastfeed on your bed.
Dinner ends quickly and everyone leaves before 7:00pm. Let the prolonged countdown to midnight begin. 5 hours to midnight. Eighteen thousand seconds, Seventeen thousand and nine hundred and ninety nine seconds….. Happy New Year!
(If you need some more laughter, check out the full list of Reason to Laugh at Infertility!)