Finding a fertility doctor can be an overwhelming process. You want a doctor who has a proven track record, will listen and understand your needs during a difficult time and who lives in close proximity since you will sometimes have appointments on a daily basis.
Here are some helpful tips on finding a good fertility doctor:
- Scope out the clinic’s location. If the clinic has an office inside of a Pizza Hut and the doctor’s name is Dr. Doublecheese, you might want to beware.
- Beware if the fertility doctor’s car licence plate reads “The Octo Docto.”
- Be skeptical if the doctor has a that says “I’m a fan of the Octomom.”
- Make sure the fertility clinic has good credentials. If there motto is “Wee Wee get you Pregnant” or “We are Productive, Re-productive, That is,” you might want to try another clinic.
- Check out the clinic’s name. If it’s called The “Hump to Bump,” “Flirty Ferty” or “Ute R US” clinic, please beware.
- Make sure the doctor can pronounce fertility words correctly. You don’t want a doctor who wants to increase your fat-ility, test your ovulactation or implant your embrellas.
- Beware of any doctor who will shout “hole in one!” after a fertility procedure.
- Do not trust a doctor who refers to an IUI as a threesome.
- If your fertility doctor asks you to feel her pregnant belly and invites you to her shower, you might want to see someone else.
- You might wish to go elsewhere if the women’s bathroom also doubles as the semen analysis room.
- Beware of any fertility doctor who says “we’ll have you eating for eight in no time!”
- Leave the office if they have a sign on their door that reads “just relax and it will happen.”
Check out my new column “” over at Fertility Authority.com! My first post: A movie review for JLow Inseminates.