Dear well-meaning family, friend and oblivious co-worker,
We do not appreciate your well-meaning advice on how to get pregnant but please don’t give us advice if:
- If you think the word ovulation is actually called ovulactation.
- If you don’t know what ovulation is.
- If you can’t say the word “semen analysis” without bursting into giggles.
- If you’ve never heard of an embryo or the drug Clomid.
- If you recommend a medication for PCOS and I don’t have PCOS.
- If you rip out newspaper articles for me about infertility and then tell me to give that a try.
- If you remind me that I am getting older.
- If you advise me to drink more water while doing IVF when we are actually doing an IUI.
- If you tell me I should start thinking about adoption.
- If you tell me that it will happen and you can’t give me the exact date.
Thanks again for your useless helpful advice.
Your Pregnancy-Challenged Gal