Top Ten Infertility Urban Legends
1. Having sex leads to pregnancy. Having intercourse to get pregnant? How is that even possible?
2. The couple who got pregnant naturally after adopting. Everyone knows someone who knows someone this happened to. Although no one ever remembers the couple’s name.
3. Having sex during ovulation increases your chance of getting pregnant. You’ve had sex before, during and after ovulation so where’s the baby?
4. Fertiles have baby showers to celebrate the upcoming birth of their child. Untrue. The baby shower was created to torture infertiles.
5. The social networking site, Facebook, was developed as a new way to connect with your friends. In reality, founder Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook so fertiles can post ultrasound photos, belly shots and further torture infertiles.
6. The Fertility Clinic helps to get people pregnant. In reality, if you see a pregnant woman at your fertility clinic, she is probably a paid actress to make it seem like couples are actually getting pregnant.
7. The Fertility Clinic show cases a wall of thank you cards and baby photos. The babies in the photos are paid actor babies.
8. If you relax, you will get pregnant. You are more likely to get pregnant after being stressed out.
9. If you see a decrease in your basal temperature, likely, your period will arrive soon. A decrease in your basal temperature really means that you are about to have a complete and mental breakdown, believing that you are not pregnant before your period even shows.
10. You only need one egg and one sperm. You’ve had multiple eggs and millions of sperm which resulted in the conception of a large bottle of wine, tub of ice cream and overplaying any of these infertility songs.