We’re hormonal, pregnancy-obsessed, baby bump envious, addicted to fertility drugs, a tad crazy at times but lovable all the same! But (somewhere) underneath the hysterical sobbing and emotional breakdowns, we still keep our sense of humor.
Here are some infertile “insider tips” on how to (have fun with) and make an infertile go absolutely crazy.
- Tell us how you got pregnant on your first try and then complain about your pregnancy symptoms.
- Ask us to take weekly photos of your pregnancy belly and then ask us to post them on Facebook FOR you.
- When we come to your house, stain all of your toilet paper bright red.
- Playfully hide all of our time-sensitive fertility medication.
- Tell us that our fertility clinic telephoned but you can’t remember the message.
- Tell us a story about someone you know who adopted and then suddenly got pregnant.
- Tell us to relax and stop trying so it will just happen.
- Use the acronym ‘BFN’ when referring to your cousin Billy F. Newman.
- Complain about your children, daily.
- Ask us to pick up some diapers and baby products for you.
- Wait until the first day of our period and then ask us to help plan your baby shower.
- Tell us that you accidentally spilled our fertility medication into the toilet.
- Remind us of how old we are and still do not have children.
- Ask us if we’re pregnant yet.