Happy American Thanksgiving! So what if it’s another holiday without a pregnancy! There are still many things you can be thankful for. This year, you are thankful for:
- The ability to have a fourth glass of wine so Great Aunt Ruby can stop asking if you’re pregnant yet.
- All that pumpkin pie. “Are you pregnant yet?” “No. How about if I shove that pie in your face?“
- The ‘I-ate-too-much-turkey’ belly bloat. You will be able to see what you look like with a fat belly bump!
- Your fertility clinic doesn’t close during Thanksgiving (You suck, Christmas holiday closures!).
- The combination of excess drinking and having cousin Martha announce her fourth pregnancy during the family dinner.
- Aunt Flow won’t be making her appearance during the family dinner.
But somewhere deep down, beneath all your infertile bitterness and despair, you are also thankful for:
- Your loving family and friends who can be annoying are still supportive and want what’s best for you.
- You are not living in the 1900’s where there was no such thing as fertility doctors.
- Your overall good health. You might have rotten eggs and a uterus that just won’t uterize, but you are still healthy enough to try for a baby.
- Having relatives and friends who annoying ask you if you’re pregnant yet. Imagine a life without any relatives or friends that care about you.
- Knowing and believing that one day, you WILL be a parent. Somehow and someway, it will happen. And you are truly thankful and blessed.